- Rotherham Portage Service
- Who are you
Preschool home visiting service, registered with the National Portage Association.
Managed by a Senior Educational Psychologist as part of the Educational Psychology Service (Education and Skills - CYPS Directorate).
- Home visiting service to support families of a child with acute disability or support needs (delays in two or more areas of development)
- Implement a highly structured, intensive teaching programme
- Support with implementation of therapy programmes
- Liaise with a range of other involved professions and relevant organisations
- Provide benefits advice to parents
- Support transitions into local and specialist provision
- Mentor staff in settings where portage children attend
- Offer portage training to parents and professionals.
- Where and how accessed
Work with children within the Rotherham borough.
Professional and parental referral. Health visitors, social workers, early years workforce and child development centres can refer directly.
- Age range
- 0 to 3 years
- Service type
- Opening times
- Monday to Thursday, 7.30am to 4pm
- Contact details