Financial help for households affected by floods
Government have announced two separate sources of assistance that will be available to those households significantly affected by the recent flooding events.
In addition the Council will provide additional assistance to those households affected.
They consist of three schemes for households:
- Community Recovery Grant - £500 per household
- Council Tax Relief for a minimum of 3 months
- RMBC hardship fund - £100 per household
Community Recovery Grant
These sources of assistance are only available to properties that meet set criteria, as detailed below:
Who is eligible?
Criteria for residential properties:
The grant is up to £500 and paid direct to the household, for successful applicants it will be topped up by a further £100 from RMBC. Applicants must meet the following criteria;
- Households are eligible where flood water has entered the habitable areas of the property,
- or the residence considered unliveable for any period of time due to flooding.
- Flood water in gardens, sheds, garages is not covered by the scheme.
- The grant does not apply to empty homes, second homes or student accommodation.
Council Tax Relief
The Council Tax Relief scheme is now live, as the criteria for the relief is the same as the grant scheme, if you have successfully claimed the Community Recovery Grant and RMBC Hardship Fund we will contact you to award you that relief.