Online forms: Apply for free school meals
Please use this form to claim free school meals for your children.
Free school meals are offered to children of families who receive one of the following:
- Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
We will check your entitlement against the Department for Education (DfE) database.
You will need to provide the following information:
- your contact details
- your date of birth and national insurance details or NASS reference
- details of your partner if applicable
You will only need to complete this form once and it will last for the duration of your child's time at their current school.
If your child is starting a new school year at their current school and they were in receipt of free school meals on the 1 April 2018 you do not need to submit a new application free school meals. You should contact the local authority if you have a change in financial circumstances.
Please submit an application if your child has moved schools due to a change of address or they are moving from reception to primary school or from primary to secondary school.