Online forms: Report unauthorised work to buildings

This form has 5 pages

Please use this form to report any unauthorised works to the Council.

We will investigate matters such as

  • Unauthorised buildings and extensions
  • Unauthorised use of land or use of property
  • Unauthorised advertisements
  • Unauthorised works to protected trees or trees in conservation areas
  • Unauthorised works to listed buildings

Please note that although all complaints are treated anonymously, the Council does require a valid name and address to process your complaint.

Your complaint will be acknowledged in writing and passed to the planning enforcement team, an officer will endeavour to visit the site in due course and provide a response to your enquiry within thirteen weeks. 

Please note that certain complaints, such as trade matters and neighbour disputes will not be investigated, the department will only pursue complaints were there is a clear breach of planning control.