Homelessness: Domestic abuse

Domestic abuse

If you are a victim of domestic abuse and you need to move to keep yourself and your family safe you can contact any local authority to make a homeless application. If you are able to remain in your home safely but want to leave, you should contact us as soon as you are able to. We have specially trained staff who are able to help you.

Call the police on 999 as soon as possible if you or your children are in immediate danger, or you or your children are at risk of injury or are already injured. Call the police on 101 if you or your children are feeling threatened but are not in immediate danger.

If you need to leave your current home now, then please remember to take some important documents with you, such as:

  • Medications you need to take regularly
  • ID (this could be birth certificates, passports, driving license)
  • Bank card
  • Immigration documents (if you are not originally from the U.K.)

Domestic abuse, or domestic violence, is abusive behaviour (either physical, sexual, financial, psychological or emotional) between people who are intimate partners or family members.


If you need any further advice or assistance, you can complete the online form below:

Phone: 01709 336009 (Mon-Fri 8:30am-5:00pm)

Out of Hours: 07748143170 (between 5:00pm-8:30am Mon-Fri or during the weekend and bank holidays)