A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- A guide to Elective Home Education (EHE)
- The legal position on Elective Home Education
- Making sure your child receives an education
- Taking your child out of school
- Home education and special educational needs
- Working with the Council
- Ceasing Elective Home Education for your child (You are here)
- Elective Home Education support
Ceasing Elective Home Education for your child
If you decide to stop educating your child at home and send or return them to school, you will need to apply for a school place.
If your child previously attended school, their place may no longer be available as it may have been given to another child. The school of your choice may also be full for your child's year group, so you may need to appeal for a place or apply to another school.
If your child has been educated at home and you believe they should be assessed for a statement of special educational needs, or an Education, Health & Care Plan before starting or returning to school, please contact the Home Education Team so we can help you arrange this.