Anston and Woodsetts Ward Action Plan
- Introduction (You are here)
- Anston and Woodsetts Ward today
- Known and emerging issues
- Action Plan
- Building Stronger Communities – People and Places
- Monitoring and engagement
Welcome to the first Anston and Woodsetts Ward Action Plan!
Following a review of neighbourhood working the Council has a vision of putting communities at the heart of everything we do by:
- Councillors working with their communities on what matters to them
- Listening and working together to make a difference
- Supporting people from different backgrounds to get on well together
Anston and Woodsetts has three Ward Councillors who were elected in May 2016. They are keen to see things happening for the better in the ward and are aware that this requires the support and help of local people and organisations.
The Action Plan and Place Profile are about documenting the issues affecting the Ward and the actions required to address them. This will be achieved by drawing upon the assets – people and places – who could help. Therefore, the intention over the coming year is to continue to bring people together to resolve issues and ensure the right things are being done.
This Ward Plan is linked to the Council's Corporate Plan and the Rotherham Together Partnership Plan.
The Corporate Plan priorities are:
- Every child making the best start in life
- Every adult is secure, responsible and empowered
- A strong community in a clean, safe environment
- Extending opportunity, prosperity and planning for the future
The Rotherham Together Partnership Plan emphasises the importance of improving understanding of local communities and 'Building Stronger Communities'. This involves focusing on our strengths, making best use of our assets and bringing everyone together to work in partnership.
The Anston and Woodsetts Ward Plan will be regularly updated and available on-line so that local people and organisations can see what is being done with them and on their behalf. Every quarter a monitoring report will be submitted to the Cabinet Member and every year a monitoring report will be submitted into the Council.