Rotherham West Ward Action Plan
- Rotherham West Ward today
- Known and emerging issues
- Action Plan (You are here)
- Building Stronger Communities – People and Places
- Monitoring and engagement
Now that we have identified the known and emerging issues we need to decide how we are going to tackle them. The table below provides a starting point but must not be considered to be set in stone.
As progress is made or circumstances change, the issues that need tackling and our approach can be tailored accordingly.
Over the next 12 months we will:
- Convene - following on from the above events - a Forum covering Rotherham West AND Keppel wards to ensure statutory and vol-com partners work with Councillors to address the Ward Plan priorities
- Work with colleagues in the neighbouring Keppel Ward on issues of common interest e.g. opposing and/or mitigating the impact of Grange Landfill (formerly known as Watson’s Tip)
- Ensure a co-ordinated response to crime and ASB hotspots in monthly meetings with the police and partners, and set up specific task groups as/when required
- Identify gaps in and opportunities to improve play facilities and spaces for young people e.g. back of garage site/behind powerhouse at Richmond Park but also Ferham and Bradgate Parks too
- Work with Winterhill School, including continuing to support their efforts on the Engine Pond
- Work with Shiloh, including continuing to support their re-location to new premises on Station Road