Swinton Ward Action Plan
Swinton Ward today (You are here)
Known and emerging issues
Building Stronger Communities – People and Places
Monitoring and engagement
Swinton Ward today
- There are 11,600 residents and 5,357 households - the population has reduced by 0.9% since 2011 even though there has been an increase in dwellings by 3.4%
- Of these, 10% rent privately, 67% are owner occupiers and 23% live in social housing.
- Deprivation is above the borough average but there are large differences within the ward.
- People describing themselves as being in 'bad' or 'very bad' health is above the borough average, along with the figures for those having a limiting long term illness or disability
- Life expectancy at birth is 2 years higher for men when compared with the borough average.
- Primary attainment – i.e. at Key Stage 2/Year 6 in Reading, Writing and Maths – is slightly below the borough and national averages but GCSE attainment is well above both averages
- The proportions with higher qualifications is lower than the borough average. The proportion with no qualifications is above the borough average.
Crime And Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB)
- Recorded crime and ASB are well below the borough average.