Right to Rectification
- Introduction to the Right to Rectification (You are here)
- Information you should be aware of when submitting a request
- Making a request for Information to be Rectified
- What happens if you are not satisfied with the response you receive?
Introduction to the Right to Rectification
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, the Right to Rectification gives individuals the right:
- to have their personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to be informed if inaccurate or incomplete personal data has been shared with third parties. Where possible, the authority will also contact the third parties that information has been shared with to inform them of the change.
The following pages explain how to submit a request for personal information, held by Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, to be rectified.
Further details relating to the Right to Rectification are available at the link below:
You can also find further details in relation to how your information is processed by RMBC in the Council’s privacy statement which be accessed via the link below: