Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
- Introduction to the Rights related to automated decision making including profiling
- Information you should be aware of when submitting a request
- Making a request relating to automated decision making (You are here)
- What happens if you are not satisfied with the response you receive?
Making a request relating to automated decision making
Use the form below to submit a request for a decision made by automated means to be reviewed.
We ask that you provide as much detail as possible so we can effectively undertake your request. Information that we require from you will include:
- your full name and current address;
- contact email and phone numbers;
- any previous names and contact addresses;
- date of birth;
- proof of identity.
Proof of identity should be two official documents which show your date of birth, name and current address such as a current driver’s licence, current passport, utility or council tax bill (within 3 months), etc. Please do not send original documents, as good quality photocopies or scanned versions are adequate. The one month timeframe for us to prepare your response will start from the day after we receive and verify your identification.
If you wish, you can appoint someone you trust to act on your behalf. If you are applying to see someone else’s records you will need to enclose their signed permission or other legal documentation (e.g. Parental Responsibility or Power of Attorney) to confirm their request. If we have any queries regarding your received request or identification we will contact you prior to proceeding with your request.
It may be necessary for us to contact you for further information if you do not supply us with sufficient details to locate the information you are referring to.
If you are unable to submit a request via our online form you can write to us to at the address below:
Data Protection Officer
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council