Wingfield Ward Action Plan
- Introduction (You are here)
- Wingfield Ward today
- Known and emerging issues
- Action Plan
- Building Stronger Communities – People and Places
- Monitoring and engagement
Welcome to the first Wingfield Ward Action Plan!
Following a review of neighbourhood working the Council has a vision of putting communities at the heart of everything we do by:
- Councillors working with their communities on what matters to them
- Listening and working together to make a difference
- Supporting people from different backgrounds to get on well together
Wingfield has three Ward Councillors, elected in May 2016. We are keen to see things done in the Ward. We are aware that getting things done will require the support and help of local people and organisations.
This Action Plan, and Place Profile, is about documenting the issues affecting the Ward and the actions required to address them, drawing upon the assets – people and places – who could help us.
We held Wingfield Ward events in November 2016, May 2017 and September 2017 to determine which issues would be prioritised. Local community groups were invited to tell us what they felt the local priorities should be.
Our intention over the coming year is to continue to bring people together to resolve issues and ensure we are doing the right things.
These Ward Plans are linked to the Council’s Corporate Plan and the Rotherham Together Partnership Plan. The Corporate Plan priorities are:
- Every child making the best start in life
- Every adult secure, responsible and empowered
- A strong community in a clean, safe environment
- Extending opportunity, prosperity and planning for the future
The Rotherham Together Partnership Plan emphasises the importance of improving understanding of local communities and ‘Building Stronger Communities’. This involves focusing on our strengths, making the best use of our assets and bringing everyone together to work in partnership.
The document will be regularly updated and available on-line. Every quarter we will be required to submit a monitoring report to the Cabinet Member, and every year we will be required to submit a monitoring report into the Council so that you can see what we are doing in the Wingfield Ward with you and on your behalf.