- Road repairs at Aston, Aughton and Swallownest (You are here)
- Road repairs at B6059 Station Road, Kiveton
Road repairs at Aston, Aughton and Swallownest
As part of the Council’s 2020 Roads Programme we will be carrying out major repair works in Aston, Aughton and Swallownest this summer.
As part of these works the A618 – a primary route through Aughton, Aston and Swallownest - will be repaired during the school summer holidays to minimise the effect on road users and residents. Lodge Lane at Aston will also be repaired during the holiday period. Details of these works are as follows:
- A618 Main Street, Aughton - road closure 8.00 pm - 6.00 am.
- A618 High Street, Swallownest – temporary traffic lights 9:30 am - 3:30 pm.
- A618 Aughton Road, Aughton – temporary traffic lights 9:30 am - 3.30 pm.
- Lodge Lane, Aston - road closure 9:30 am - 3:30 pm.
A number of estate roads will also be repaired, with temporary road closures from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm to allow the safe delivery of the scheme for workers and residents. These are:
- Wesley Avenue, Aston
- Osborne Avenue, Aston
- Wharncliffe Avenue, Aston
- Christchurch Avenue, Aston
- Aughton Lane Service Road 2, Aston
- Alexandra Road, Swallownest
- King Street, Swallownest
- Beech Way, Swallownest
- Chestnut Road, Swallownest
- Aysgarth Rise, Swallownest
- Holly Terrace, Swallownest
- Oak Terrace, Swallownest
- Leyburn Drive, Swallownest