A guide to fostering
- A guide to fostering (You are here)
- Skills and qualities we look for
- Short term care
- Long term care
- Support care
- Remand care
- Short breaks
- Day fostering
- Mockingbird Family Model
- Our priorities and achievements
We refer to the children we place in foster care as being 'looked after' and our priority is always to secure the very best outcome for every child or young person we need to place with our registered carers. We do this through our Fostering Service, which is a specialist service that values the commitment, dedication and high standards of care provided by people just like you.
The Council's Fostering Service is keen to promote fostering and we encourage people from all walks of life to consider becoming a fostering family.
We are very lucky to have extremely hard working, experienced and committed foster carers on board and are always on the look out for more families to join us in becoming part of the fostering community in Rotherham.
The Fostering Service is made up of three elements:
- The Recruitment, Training and Assessment Team will guide you through the assessment and training process
- The Supervisory Team will support you when you are approved and become established and clear about your role as a foster carer
- Rotherham's fostering community (other foster carers)