Get help with home adaptations
- Home adaptations and equipment
- Minor Fixings
- Minor Adaptations (You are here)
- Major Adaptations
- Arranging an assessment
- How we assess your needs
- Costs of adaptations
- Door re-hanging / changing (sliding)
- Door widening (internal & external)
- Tubular steel handrails (under 14M)
- Easy going steps
- Lever taps
- Strip lights (internal/external)
- Door opening/entry systems
- Additional electrical sockets (for disability equipment)
- Boxing in stairs
- Drop kerbs (pedestrian)
- are under £1000 in value.
- require an Occupational Therapist or other authorised person to recommend the adaptations
- require no financial assessment
- may involve a small amount of construction work.
- should be started within 28 days from date of order with the contractor.
Further information is available in our Aids & Adaptations Policy.