Housing Benefit for Council and housing association tenants

Your Housing Benefit could be reduced if you live in Council or social housing and you have a 'spare' bedroom.

This reduction is often called the 'bedroom tax'. It does not affect claimants of state pension age.

Find out more about changes to Housing Benefit

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?