What you must provide to support your benefit claim
- What you must provide to support your benefit claim (You are here)
- Sending your proofs
- Time limits for providing proofs
- Proof of identity
- Proof of National Insurance number
- Proof of savings and investments
- Proof of earnings
- Proof of child maintenance
- Proof of other income
- Proof of rent
- Proof of childcare costs
- Proof of student status
- Proof of children who live with you
- Proofs for other people who live with you
- Problems uploading your proofs
To work out your entitlement, we will need to see proof of financial circumstances for you and anyone who lives with you. This includes:
- Earnings, including from self-employment
- Other income, such as penions and state benefits
- Savings and investments
You must also provide proof of identity for you and your partner, if you have one.
If you pay rent to anyone other than the Council, you must also provide proof of this.
If you don't have all your proofs
You don't have to provide all the proofs we will need at the same time as you make your claim. But please provide as much as you can so we can start to work out your entitlement.
You have up to one month to send us anything that you can't provide when you make your claim. We will also contact you if we have any questions, or if we need you to provide anything else.