A guide to appeals

  1. How to appeal
  2. If you don't agree (You are here)

If you don't agree

If you do not agree with our decision regarding your benefit claim, you can ask for:

  • An explanation of that decision
  • For the decision to be looked at again
  • The Tribunal Service to look at your case

You must make a benefit enquiry straight away because you only have one calendar month from the date you were notified of the decision to ask us to look at it again or to appeal against it. If you appeal after one month you will have to provide good reason why you are making a late appeal. The Tribunal Service may decide to not consider any appeals after 13 months.

If you don't agree with our decision regarding your Council Tax support, you can ask us to look at it again. There is no time limit to do this.

Make a benefit enquiry

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page