A guide to Housing Benefit
- A guide to Housing Benefit
- Types of accommodation eligible
- How much you will get
- How the amount you get is calculated
- How housing benefit is paid
- Claim housing benefit (You are here)
- Sharing information about your claim
Claim housing benefit
When you claim housing benefit, please provide proof of all your income and capital to support your claim.
Your award will normally start on the Monday following the date your application form is received by the Benefits Office, although there are exceptions.
If you pay Council Tax on your home you might also be entitled to Council Tax Reduction to help with this. You only need to complete one claim form. We will assess your entitlement to both benefits at the same time.