Apply for a Rothercard

  1. Who can apply
  2. Are you eligible
  3. How to apply (You are here)
  4. Discounts on Council services
  5. Carers or personal assistants

How to apply

You will need to bring a passport sized photo to any of our Library and Neighbourhood Hubs, or Aston Parish Hall (Monday to Friday, 10am to 12:30pm)

In order for us to process your application we will need to see:

  • Recent benefit award letter or if on Universal Credit show proof via your online Universal Credit account.
  • your payment (rent) card or Council Tax bill showing Council Tax Reduction or Housing Benefit
  • recent payslip
  • bank statement
  • HC2/3 certificate
  • proof of child benefit for dependant child(ren)
  • letter about your training placement
  • letter from your school or college if you are aged 16-19 in full time education (your parents must still receive child benefit for you)
  • if you are over 60 proof of pension, bus pass, driving licence or birth certificate and proof of address
  • an official letter supplied by the foster carer or residential worker naming the young person in their care
  • for refugees/asylum seekers a HC2/3 certificate will be accepted at any issuing point. 

Rothercards must be renewed each year (every 5 years for people aged 60 and over).

If you cannot get to a library or Neighbourhood Hub because of your disability, please contact us to request a postal application from. 

Find or contact your nearest Library and Neighbourhood Hub

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page