Apply to work on protected trees

  1. Apply to work on protected trees
  2. Apply for permission (You are here)
  3. Further requirements

Apply for permission

To apply for permission to work on protected trees you will need to complete an application form.

You must give the Council six weeks' notice of any plans affecting trees in conservation areas. Applications are free, but you must pay for the work.

Remember that failure to follow the proper procedures may lead to legal action and large fines against the tree owner and anyone who did the work.

If the protected tree does not belong to you, you will still need permission to do the work from the owner of the tree, particularly where entry to their land is required. 

Apply for tree works permission

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page