Report a problem with your Council Tax bill

  1. Report a problem with your Council Tax bill
  2. Make an appeal (You are here)

Make an appeal

You can appeal to an independent tribunal if:

  • You disagree with our decision about your bill
  • You get a fine for not providing information, or for providing false information
  • You disagree with the date on a completion notice 

You cannot appeal just because you think your Council Tax bill is too expensive. You may be able to challenge the Council Tax band for your home if you think it is wrong or if the property has changed.

You should continue you pay your Council Tax whilst your appeal gets decided.

Make an appeal

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page