Apply for a Council Tax discount

  1. Single Person Discount
  2. Disabled persons reduction (You are here)
  3. Discounts for annexes
  4. Job related second home
  5. Other Council Tax discounts

Disabled persons reduction

If someone who lives with you has a disability, you may quality for a reduction in your Council Tax bill if either:

  • Your home has adaptations to meet their needs
  • They use a wheelchair indoors

The property must be the main home of at least one disabled person. They can be an adult or a child and don't have to be responsible for paying the Council Tax.

The property must have one or more of:

  • An extra bathroom, kitchen or other room for the disabled person
  • Extra space inside the property for using a wheelchair

Apply for a disabled person's reduction

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page