Apply for a Council Tax discount

  1. Single Person Discount
  2. Disabled persons reduction
  3. Discounts for annexes
  4. Other Council Tax discounts (You are here)

Other Council Tax discounts

If you are the only adult (aged 18 or over) in the property who is counted for Council Tax purposes, you may be eligible for a 25 percent discount.

If another adult in your home is:

  • An apprentice
  • A hospital patient
  • Resident in a care or nursing home
  • Severely mentally impaired
  • A full-time student
  • A student nurse
  • A youth trainee
  • In prison

They are not counted for Council Tax purposes, subject to qualifying criteria

Apply for a prisoner discount

Apply for a different discount

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page