Apply for a Council Tax discount
- Single Person Discount
- Disabled persons reduction
- Discounts for annexes
- Job related second home (You are here)
- Other Council Tax discounts
Job related second home
If you are required to live elsewhere due to a condition of your contract of employment you may be eligible for a 50% discount on a second property in Rotherham where:
- The property is provided to you, or to your spouse/civil partner, because of your employment and it is necessary for proper performance of duties (as stated in your employment contract) i.e. tied accommodation.
- The property is occupied as a residence from which you, or your spouse/civil partner, perform the duties of a Minister of any religious denomination.
- You are in the armed forces and have your main residence in the UK in Ministry of Defence accommodation but you own a property which is furnished and which you use at weekends or holidays only