Having problems paying your Council Tax

  1. Having problems paying your Council Tax
  2. What happens if you don't pay your Council Tax
  3. If we have started court action against you
  4. Attachments to your benefits (You are here)
  5. Attachments to your earnings
  6. Using enforcement agents to recover unpaid Council Tax
  7. Committal to prison and bankruptcy
  8. Get help if you are struggling to pay

Attachments to your benefits

If the magistrates' court grants a liability order we can recover what you owe from your:

  • Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Employment Support Allowance
  • Pension Credit Guaranteed Credit
  • Universal Credit

We will ask the Department for Work and Pensions to deduct a set amount each week until your debt is repaid.

Request deductions from your benefit payments

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page