Apply for a Blue Badge
- Apply for a Blue Badge
- Documents and supporting information for your Blue Badge application (You are here)
- Supporting information about your health condition or disability
- Decisions on your Blue Badge application
- Receiving your Blue Badge
- Using your Blue Badge
- Blue Badge misuse and fraud
Documents and supporting information for your Blue Badge application
You'll need a recent digital photo showing your head and shoulders.
You'll also need a photo or scan of your:
- proof of identity (such as a passport or driving licence)
- proof of address (less than 12 months old)
- proof of benefits (if you get any)
You'll also need to know:
- your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- the details of your current Blue Badge (if you're reapplying)
You'll need to provide your award letter or similar recent proof of any qualifying benefits that you receive. You can attach this to the form as a photo or scan, or provide this later.
We might also ask you to provide additional evidence to support your application.
We might for example need you to contact the healthcare professional involved in your diagnosis, care or ongoing treatment and ask them to complete a questionnaire to help us assess your eligibility to receive a Blue Badge.
Once we have reviewed your application form we will email you to let you know what (if any) supporting information we need you to provide.
It is your responsibility to provide the supporting information for your Blue Badge application. We may refuse to issue a badge if you do not provide suitable proof that you are eligible.