Apply for a Blue Badge
- Apply for a Blue Badge
- Documents and supporting information for your Blue Badge application
- Supporting information about your health condition or disability
- Decisions on your Blue Badge application
- Receiving your Blue Badge
- Using your Blue Badge
- Blue Badge misuse and fraud (You are here)
Blue Badge misuse and fraud
You must use the Blue Badge properly. The badge and its concessions are for your use only.
It is a criminal offence for you or anyone else to misuse the badge. Doing so could lead to a £1,000 fine and confiscation of the badge.
If you are using the parking concessions as a passenger, it is your responsibility to make sure that the driver is aware of all the rules set out in this guidance.
You must never give the badge to friends or family to allow them to have the benefit of the parking concessions. You must never use a copied badge to park or try to change the details on a badge.
The badge remains the property of Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council.
We can ask for the badge to be returned if it is being misused.