Get help with noise problems

  1. Get help with noise problems
  2. Problems we investigate
  3. Report a noise problem
  4. Taking private legal action (You are here)
  5. Control of noise from burglar alarms

Taking private legal action

There are times when the council cannot obtain the evidence necessary to take action on behalf of the person who has made a complaint.

In such circumstances independent legal action can be taken by complaining directly to the Magistrate's Court under Section 82 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 under the grounds that you are aggrieved by noise amounting to a statutory nuisance.

The council cannot be held responsible for any outcome where private action is pursued.

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page