Get contents insurance for Council homes

  1. Get contents insurance for Council homes (You are here)
  2. Cost
  3. Apply
  4. When the cover will start

Council insurance covers most of your household goods and contents, as well as theft of your keys and the contents of your freezer. There is also cover for claims against you.

All your home contents are covered on a 'new for old' basis apart from linen and clothing, which are replaced at their current cost less an amount for wear and tear.

The lowest amount that can be insured is £9,000, or £6,000 if you are over age 60.

What isn't covered

The Council does not insure your home contents against theft, fire, vandalism or burst pipes. You should take out separate cover for this.

Most accidental damage is also not covered as standard, although a full accidental damage option is available at additional cost.

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page