A guide to extra care housing

  1. A guide to extra care housing
  2. Housing support
  3. Eligibility
  4. Oak Trees scheme
  5. Potteries Court scheme
  6. Bakers Field Court scheme
  7. Cost (You are here)


The charges for living in Extra Care housing vary on which scheme you live in.

You will be responsible for paying:

  • Rent
  • Service charge
  • Supporting people charge
  • Utility bills

The rent and service charge are eligible for housing benefit, entitlement to which is based on your income. You can ask for an assessment if you are thinking about moving to Extra Care housing.

Find out more about housing benefit

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page