Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA)
- Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) (You are here)
- Rotherham's Strategic Housing Market Assessment 2018
As a Council, we have a statutory duty to undertake a Strategic Housing Market Assessment (SHMA) will help inform our Local Plan by helping us understand how many homes we need and of what type. A key part of this study is determining the affordable housing requirements for Rotherham, including the different sizes and types of affordable housing needed.
The SHMA tells us:
- About the supply and demand for different housing in the borough
- Estimates the number of new homes that will be needed over the next 5 years
- Provides important evidence about the housing market that we can use in the development of housing and planning policies to help guide future housing delivery
This robust analysis of housing need and aspiration helps to ensure that the right mix and types of homes are being delivered in the right places.