Apply for a second hand trader licence

If you regularly sell at car boot sales or auctions or sell second-hand goods, you must register as a second-hand dealer and keep records of your suppliers.

You will need to register separately with each council area that you trade in. 

We do not require auctioneers to obtain a licence to hold public auctions in our area, although other councils may require you to get an auction room licence if you intend to hold a public auction.

If you plan to hold an auction outside Rotherham you should contact the relevant council beforehand. 

Register as a second-hand dealer

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?