Section 106 agreements

The council can enter into a Section 106 agreement, otherwise known as a 'planning obligation', with a developer where there is a need to provide contributions to offset negative impacts caused by construction and development.

Examples of contributions range from the provision of affordable homes and new open space to funding of school places or employment training schemes.

Contributions may be required before planning permission can be granted.

Section 106 documents

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?