Apply for a travel pass
- Apply for a travel pass
- Entitlement to a Disabled Persons Pass (You are here)
- Apply for a Disabled Persons Pass
- Free travel for carers
Entitlement to a Disabled Persons Pass
To apply for a Disabled Person's Pass, you will first need to get a letter of entitlement from the Council.
You will automatically qualify for a pass if you:
- Have been awarded the high rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance
- Have been awarded a score of eight points or over on the 'Moving Around' descriptor of the Mobility Component of Personal Independence Payment
- Have been awarded a score of eight points or over on the 'Communicating Verbally' descriptor of the Daily Living Component of Personal Independence Payment
- Are in receipt of a war pensioner's mobility supplement
- Are profoundly or severely deaf
- Are without speech
- Are blind or partially sighted
- Have certain forms of learning disability
- Be a Blue Car Badge Holder
In this case, simply bring your most recent evidence of your qualifying circumstances to your nearest Library and Neighbourhood Hub and we will give you a letter of entitlement.
If your application is successful most passes are issued for five years. For example, if your Department of Work and Pensions letter states you get higher rate mobility component of disability living allowance for four months, your pass will be issued for four months. You would then have to reapply if you're still eligible.