Apply for a travel pass

  1. Apply for a travel pass
  2. Entitlement to a Disabled Persons Pass
  3. Apply for a Disabled Persons Pass (You are here)
  4. Free travel for carers

Apply for a Disabled Persons Pass

Once your entitlement has been confirmed, to apply for your pass you will need:

  • Your letter of entitlement
  • A passport-size photograph
  • Proof of your age - such as your birth certificate, passport or medical card
  • Proof of your address - such as your a driving licence, a utility bill or Council Tax bill

Disability Living Allowance and Personal Independence Payments award letters must be dated within the last 12 months.

If you are registered on the Council’s Social Services database we can check your registration.

If you are not in one of the previously specified groups, you may still be able to get a pass but you will have to provide us with evidence of your qualifying circumstances.

If you're applying because you fall into the groups below you will be required to undergo assessment:

  • Have amputation or absence of a limb which causes considerable difficulty in walking; or
  • Suffer from defects of the spine or the central nervous system or other motor defect which makes control of the lower limbs difficult; or
  • Have some other permanent and substantial disability which causes considerable difficulty in walking
  • Be without the use of both arms, whether by reason of the absence of limbs or

If you are applying because have been or would be refused a driving licence on medical grounds other than the persistent misuse of drugs or alcohol we will would require evidence of your circumstances; for example a letter from DVLA confirming you have been refused a Driving Licence.

Apply for a Disabled Persons Pass

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page