Transport assistance for children and young people with additional needs
- Transport assistance for children and young people with additional needs (You are here)
- Personal Transport Budgets
- Independent Travel Training
- Understanding your options at an annual review
- Register for Independent Travel Training and Personal Transport Budgets
Rotherham Council can help parents/ carers to support their children/young person by giving them more choice about how their child/young person gets to school/college.
Although parents/carers are responsible for ensuring their child/young person attends school/college, in some cases, the Council can provide support for your childs/young person’s travel between home and school/college.
The options will depend on qualifying criteria, as well as whether the transport options are suitable for the needs of your child/young person.
If your child/young person has an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) or mobility problem, the Council will work with parents/carers to agree the child/young person’s individual transport needs.