Get permission to work on a watercourse

You must submit your plans to the Council and apply for consent:

  • To work on, over, under or near an ordinary watercourse
  • To make changes to any structure that helps control floods

You will also need permission from the Environment Agency for work on any of these main rivers:

  • River Don
  • River Rother
  • River Dearne
  • River Ryton
  • Whiston Brook
  • Maltby Dike
  • Firbeck Dike

Before you apply, please contact us to discuss your plans.

Make an enquiry

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?