Christmas opening times
- Council Christmas and New Year Opening Hours (You are here)
- Emergency help
- Bin collections and waste
- Roads and gritting
- Libraries, neighbourhood hubs and registrars
- Town Centre
- Museums and country parks
- Other organisations providing help and assistance
Council Christmas and New Year Opening Hours
Rotherham residents are reminded that Rotherham Council services will have different opening hours over the Christmas and New Year period.
Hopefully you won’t require them, but we are here to support you if you do, so we have listed our essential services in case you need to access them.
We have also included the opening times of our main visitor attractions to help you make the most of the holiday period.
From everyone here at Rotherham Council, we hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Rotherham Council Customer Services (including emergencies):
From 8.00 pm on Monday 24 December, 2018 Rotherham Council essential services will be taking emergency telephone calls only. Emergency services are open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To report an emergency to the Council, please phone:
- Emergency Council House issues and Repairs: 01709 336009
- Emergency Highways issues: 01709 336003
- Children and Young People’s Services: 01709 336080
- Adult Social Services (Single Point of Access): 01709 822330
- Any other emergency: 01709 336009
If you feel that a child or young person is in immediate danger, please phone 999.
To report non-emergency issues at any time go to www.rotherham.gov.uk/contactus
Normal services will resume at 8.00 am on Wednesday 2 January.
Do it online:
You can make online payments for services such as Council Tax, rents or parking fines using credit or debit cards or PayPal. You can manage your business rates or benefits online, renew library books or download eBooks for free.
Go to www.rotherham.gov.uk