Paying for care and support

  1. Paying for care and support (You are here)
  2. Cost of care
  3. What the Council will pay towards care home costs
  4. Help with care costs
  5. Help if you self fund

If you receive any of our non-residential services you can have a financial assessment to ensure you are only paying what you can afford.

Non-residential services include things like home care, day sitting, night visiting and more. This does not apply to meals at a day centre, which have a set charge that everyone has to pay.

You do not have to have a financial assessment, but if you do we may be able to lower your charge. In some circumstances, you may pay nothing at all. We can also use this information to see if you are receiving all the benefits help you are entitled to. However, if you decide that you do not want a financial assessment you will have to pay the maximum charge for your care or the cost of your service.

A Guide to Residential and Nursing Care for older people

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?

Previous page Next page