See which bin or container to use
- See which bin or container to use
- Using your green bin
- Using your blue box
- Using your blue bag (You are here)
- Using your black bin
- Recycling plastic and cartons
- Why we haven't collected your waste
Using your blue bag
Your blue bag will be emptied every two weeks, on the same day as your blue box and green bin.
You can put the following in your blue bag:
- Newspapers, magazines and junk mail
- Cardboard (large pieces of cardboard can be folded and placed under your blue bag)
- Telephone directories and catalogues
- White paper
- Shredded paper (placed in a clear plastic bag inside your blue bag)
You must not put the following in your blue box:
- Food and drink cartons
- Paper cups and plates
- Plastic coated paper
- Wrapping paper
- Sweet wrappers
- Animal bedding
Large pieces of cardboard should be flattened, folded to 60cm by 30cm (24 inches by 12 inches) and placed under your blue bag or blue box for collection.
If your blue bag is full, further items can be placed in a "bag for life" or an open, un-tied clear plastic bag on top of your blue bag. Please do not put your recycling into black tied plastic bags as this affects the recycling process.
If the wrong material is found in your bag, we won't empty it until this has been removed.