Report a filthy, empty or insecure property

The Council must act on any complaints about a property that is filthy or has vermin living in it. In extreme cases, the risks to public health mean that we can require the occupier to resolve this or we can arrange for the work to be done and charge the occupier for this.

The Council also works with private landlords to bring empty homes back into use and maintain properties whilst they are empty. Poorly maintained empty properties attract vermin, cause damp and other problems for neighbouring properties and are magnets for vandals, squatters, drug dealers and arsonists.

If any property is causing problems for you or the local environment, or is insecure, please contact us.

Report a problem property

Was this information helpful?

Was this page helpful?