Rotherham Show Returns
Following the easing of COVID-19 restrictions and the increasing numbers of vaccinations, we are delighted to announce that Rotherham Show will return this Friday 3rd, Saturday 4th, and Sunday 5th September, 2021, 11am to 5pm each day!
The annual event took a break last year due to restrictions at the time and will return this year, welcoming residents and visitors back together and marking the relaunch of the borough's cultural offer which will also see the reopening of the Rotherham Civic Theatre, a return to libraries across local communities, and new exhibitions at Clifton Park Museum.
We’re looking forward to welcoming you back with a packed programme featuring the much-loved horticultural show, who will be joined by Plunge Boom’s Vegetable Nannies in the Made in Rotherham Marquee, performances from Strong Lady Productions, Let’s Circus, Grimm & Co, Rotherham Symphony Orchestra, Motionhouse, a pop-up shipping container full of fun and games from Playful Anywhere, three stages of music, dance, performance and art, and new for this year a Demo Kitchen featuring some of the finest home cooks from across the borough.
Whilst we know many of you are looking forward to meeting each other and enjoying the show, we also know that others may be nervous about returning to events. Therefore, we have made a few changes to make sure that everyone can enjoy the show safely together:
- This year’s show will run for three days with an additional day added on Friday 3rd September to cater for people who wish to avoid large gatherings.
- The show will take in new exhibitions at Clifton Park Museum and the re-opening of the newly refurbished Rotherham Civic Theatre helping to create more space for people move around.
- Stalls will be placed across the showground rather than along the avenues, opening up the park and creating more spaces for people to relax and enjoy the entertainment.
- The majority of stages will be covered with canopy along with open-side marquees to provide additional ventilation.
- Sanitising stations will be available across the site particularly in high traffic areas such as the food court, stages and seating areas.
Visitors’ feedback from Rotherham Show 2019
5 stars! You've done a great job this year. Absolutely loved it. Please bring back Let's Circus as their show was brilliantly funny and their positive message to children - super sound. So many friendly people in Rotherham it makes me proud to be a resident here.
Really lovely family day at the show. Our favourites were the talented James Brunt, magical Grim, different bikes/go karts and horticultural tents. Such a shame no hamsters this year. Always enjoy the cars! Even more activities and stalls this year, fantastic that there were many free activities for children to enjoy making it accessible for all!
Just had a fantastic time at the show today. The circus show was excellent, can’t wait for next year!! You can’t beat Clifton Park&ellp; well done Rotherham!