Take a trip down memory lane!Published Tuesday, 5th December 2017
Children can get “hands on” with some of the toys their parents and grandparents would have played with, and adults can take a trip down memory lane, with a new series of events and workshops.
The events are centred around Clifton Park Museum’s current exhibition which relives people’s fondest childhood memories. Museum staff have hand-picked items from the 1940s up to the 1980s that represent the life of children growing up in Rotherham.
Children’s activities linked in to the new exhibition are:
• Kids Craft Club, Batteries Not Included (Saturday 27 January) – make your own board games drop in session.
• Funky Bag Designing (Tuesday 13 February) – using tie dye and fabric pens
• Childhood Object Handling (Saturday 17 February) – free drop-in activity with the opportunity to get hands on with traditional games from the past.
The events for adults are:
• A Childhood in Laughton Village (Saturday 13 January) – talk by John Heaps, including a tour of the Museum and refreshments.
• Childhood Reminiscence Workshop: 1950s/60s (Wednesday 28 February)
• Childhood Reminiscence Workshop: 1970s/80s (Wednesday 21 March)
For full details, booking information and prices (where applicable) for all these events, please go to Rotherham Council’s Events page or the Clifton Park Museum Facebook page.
Cllr Taiba Yasseen, Rotherham Council’s Cabinet Member for Neighbourhood Working and Cultural Services said: “Our latest exhibition is proving very popular, with cases full of nostalgic items which all have a story to tell.
“If you have enjoyed visiting the exhibition, don’t miss this chance to come along and find out a bit more about childhood in days gone by.”
The free exhibition runs from 29 September 2017 until 29 June 2018.