Check your waste collection days
Check the bin collection calendar - from here you can also download a PDF of your bin calendar.
Disposal of waste for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection
Protect your bin crews: do not place used tissues in your green bin. If anyone in your household has a suspected or confirmed case of coronavirus, put all used tissues and cleaning cloths in a rubbish bag. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. After 72 hours, the bag should be placed in your pink lid bin.
Further guidance on cleaning and disposal of waste for households with possible coronavirus (COVID-19) infection:
Missed bin collections
If collections are delayed, you should leave your bin by the kerbside and we will collect as soon as possible.
Brown bin garden waste collections
In the event that your collection is delayed, please:
- Leave your bin out if it is not collected that day, so it’s ready for our crews to collect
- Help our crews complete rounds as fast as possible, for example by ensuring parked cars are not preventing access for the lorries
On your bin collection day
Please make sure your bin is placed at the kerbside on collection day before 7am and not blocking the pavement.
We may not have collected your waste because the:
- Your bin lid was not shut
- You left side waste or additional bagged waste
- Your bin was not presented (bins need to be at kerbside by 7am)
- Your recycling container contained incorrect material
- The incorrect bin or container was presented for collection
Do not compact the contents of your bin as it makes it difficult for our collection vehicles to remove and it could damage your bin.