The Flexible Purchasing System (FPS) provides a range of accommodation and support packages for young people aged 16 to 25, who are looked after, or who have left care and have identified support needs.
The main aims of the services to be provided under the system are that young people are:
- safe and secure
- prepared and ready for adulthood and independence
- supported to develop resilience and the ability to make good decisions.
There are four individual service categories required within this framework:
- group living
- supported tenancy
- floating support only
- family based accommodation and support
The rules linked below govern the conduct of the Flexible Purchasing System. They set out:
- When member providers can require the Local Authority to conduct a new competition for Tier 1 Provider places; and
- When the Authority may unilaterally conduct a new competition for Tier 1 places.
Flexible Purchasing System - Rules. Please note: this document may not be suitable for assistive technology users.