Rothercare community alarms
A community alarm is a pendant that you can wear on your wrist, around your neck, or just keep close to you. It supports you to live safely and independently in your own home.
If you need help you can push the button on your pendant, and this will put you through to our 24-hour/7 days a week monitoring centre. When your alarm goes off, we'll call to check what's wrong and find out the support you need.
If we can’t hear you, or you don’t answer our call, we'll get in touch with your nominated contact and ask them to check on you. If we can't contact them, we'll come out to make sure you're safe. In urgent situations we'll also call the emergency services on your behalf.
Benefits of a community alarm
- we'll respond to your call and get the help you need, when you need it
- knowing help is always available can put your mind at ease, as well as making you feel safe at home
- we offer a friendly and dignified service
- we'll make sure that help arrives
- a 24-hour link to the monitoring centre
- we'll fit and demonstrate the equipment at a convenient time for you
Community Alarms are available to anyone over the age of 18, living in Rotherham.
In addition to this remote sensors can be added to your system to offer additional support.