Ministry of defence Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award
Rotherham Council was very proud to receive the Silver Award in the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme awarded by the Ministry of Defence in August 2018.
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same. There are three levels – Bronze, Silver and Gold.
A Silver Award recognises the fantastic efforts of employers throughout the UK who have both elevated their commitments under the Armed Forces Covenant and provided actual benefit to the Armed Forces Community.
The award recognises the Council is open to employing reservists, armed forces veterans, cadet instructors and partners of military personnel and that our values are aligned with the Armed Forces Covenant.
In receiving this Award Rotherham Council has demonstrated it has:
- Signed an Armed Forces Covenant.
- Ensured service personnel / the armed forces community are not unfairly disadvantaged as part of its recruitment and selection processes.
- Employed at least one individual from the Armed Forces Community.
- Actively ensured the workforce is aware of positive policies towards defence people issues.
- Not been the subject of any negative PR or media activity.
The award can be found displayed in Rotherham Town Hall.