A guide to benefit overpayments

If you still get housing benefit

Any overpayment will usually be recovered from your ongoing housing benefit entitlement.

If you can't pay the money back at the recovery rate set by the council you can request that you pay less from your housing benefit deductions.

Request that you pay less