If you have been refused a benefit

The Money and Benefit Advice service is the Council's specialist benefit and debt advice service. We can offer you advocacy and representation if:

  • You have been refused a benefit
  • Court action has been taken because you owe money
  • You are in rent arrears with the Council

The service is available to all Rotherham residents who need help to challenge benefit decisions or help with serious debts that could result in court action (such as administration orders) or who are in rent arrears with Council.

To make an appointment please complete the relevant form below.

Professionals acting on behalf of a customer can also make a referral using the forms below.

Get help with money problems

Request help with your benefit appeal

Get more information on welfare rights