Anyone wanting to access CSE support services can contact one of the three independent support services, commissioned by Rotherham Council:
GROW - Emotional wellbeing and practical services and support to individuals up to 25 years old, plus support for the survivor’s family in their recovery to help their child/young person.
- Tel 01709 511 171
- Visit the GROW project website
Rotherham Rise - offers support for people affected by Child Sexual Exploitation, a dedicated Young Peoples Domestic Abuse Outreach Service, Counselling Service and work with male victims of Domestic and CSE abuse
- Tel 0330 2020 571
- Visit the Rotherham RISE website
Rothacs – providing counselling to children, young people and adults who have suffered a form of abuse at any time in their life. Including services for both women and men.
- Tel 0844 225 4411
- Visit the Rotherham Abuse Counselling Service website
Other local support services
- Barbardo’s Rotherham Reach Out service - 01709 377 157. This is a preventative service for children, families and communities affected by child exploitation, offering both individual and group support.
- Sexual Assault Referral Centre - 0330 223 0938 (Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm); 0330 223 0099 (Out of hours - 24/7) provides services to people in South Yorkshire (including Sheffield) who have been raped or sexually assaulted. This could be recently or in the past.
- Rotherham Women’s Counselling Service (and Pitstop for men) - 01709 835482 - For men and women who have experienced rape, sexual abuse or domestic abuse
National sources of help and support
Childline – get help and advice about a wide range of issues and talk to a counsellor online.
Tel 0800 11 11
Samaritans – available 24hrs a day to provide confidential emotional support for people who are experiencing feelings of distress, despair or suicidal thoughts.
Tel 116 123
Rape Crisis – get information, help and support after rape, sexual assault or sexual abuse
Muslim Women’s Network UK
A small, national charity working to improve the social justice and equality for Muslim women and girls.
You can call or text the national helpline Say Something on 116 000 for help and advice.